Welcome to the Imprint Blog! Here you can find educational articles, interesting news items, and more. However, it doesn’t end there. We like to do things a little differently. On our blog, you also have a voice. From questions about the industry to sharing what has left you with a lasting impression - we want to hear it! Simply sign up to join our Imprint Community and don’t forget to click Creative Initiatives to see what others have shared.

How to Build Better Relationships with Content Marketing

Back to Home
How to Build Better Relationships with Content Marketing

Content marketing is about enhancing your user’s experience. As we discuss content marketing, it would be beneficial to talk about how to do it to the best of your abilities and make better connections with your audience. To get the most out of your content you’ll have to tell better stories. With a good story you can help drive Content Strategy and build make better relationships with your audience.

 

Remember that the goal of Content Marketing is directed to your audience. So step out of the spotlight and avoid constantly talking about your brand. It is very obvious to people when you do it and comes across as a self-indulgent.But before you begin to tell your story, you need to decide what you would like to tell everyone about your brand.

 

Know Your Message and Goal

First decide on a message that you feel represents your brand and what kind of response you wish to achieve. Your content should aim to convey this in each piece you put out. Plan where you want to take your audience and design content that will lead them there.

 

Consider that messages in your content can be educational, entertaining or inspirational. Whichever one you choose to provide, you are contributing to the user’s experience as opposed to badgering them for a sale. With many possible directions, it’s important to distinguish how you want your audience to respond.

 

Content Speaks For Itself

Whether your message seeks to educate, entertain, or inform, you should somehow link it back to your brand. As we mentioned above, talking too much about you can drive people away, so where do you draw the line? The difference is easier than you think!

As opposed to saying things like, “Check Us Out!” or, “My Brand Does This”, your content will be better off just leaving a link to your website. As long as your content is related to your brand, you can let it speak for itself.

 

If you find it hard to balance between self-promoting and genuine audience engagement, look at the 80/20 rule. Simply put, 20 percent of your content should be promotional and the other 80 percent should focus on the enhancement and engagement of the user.

 

Keep it Simple

Your whole website should be thought of as a continuous storyline. With the right content you can successfully set the right mood and tone for your audience.

 
Not everyone will have the patience to stick around to watch or read an overly complicated piece. Think about the stories from when you were a kid. They were straightforward and fun and yet you still remember them. More often than not, the best stories are short and sweet, emphasis on the sweet, because a story with emotion can leave a longer lasting impression.
 
“They may forget what you said — but they will never forget how you made them feel.”

 

-Carl W. Buehner

 

Content Marketing aims to provide value and enhance your brand experience. By outlining what kind of response you wish to evoke you will have a better idea on how to tailor your message. From there you can let your content do most of the talking, but never forget that the interaction is further enhanced when you engage directly with those who are you are trying to reach.

Level 7 (XP: 2700)
10 months ago
solid article and very insightful :)